NB: New customer - check our quick guide for a new customer!
- membership and library card
- collections (books, journals, e-resources)
- Renewals and my account in library's SeAMK-Finna database
- Reservations and loans between library units
- Other library services
Tip: Use Ctrl + F keys, when searching for a specific word on this web page
Membership and library card
- Can anyone use Seinäjoki Academic Library's collections and services?
Answer: Yes, Seinäjoki Academic Library's library units are open to everybody. The usage rights apply the right to use library material and services,
work stations and public premises.
Some of the work stations are available only for the students and staff
of the Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences. There are
also some restrictions for making reservations for course books on loan.
- How can I get a library card?
- Do I have to return the library card when graduating and leaving Seinäjoki?
Answer: No, you can keep the card as a souvenir :) But remember to return all your loans and pay your fees before leaving Seinäjoki.
- Where can I search for books and journals on the web?
Answer: Library's web service is on the internet: seamk.finna.fi. In SeAMK-Finna you can search books, e-books, theses, journals, articles and databases from the library collections. You can also make reservations and renew your loans.
- May I borrow journals?
Answer: No, journals are not lent out. You can take a copy of an article or scan it free of charge to your email.
- Where can I find library's e-resources (e-books, e-journals, databases)?
Answer: All e-resources available to you can be found on library's web page: E-resources. On this page you will find instructions also for remote access and more information about usage rights. Degree students and staff of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences may use e-resources on university computer network or through remote access by logging in with your personal SeAMK user name. Anyone may use our e-resources in any library unit. If you have any problems using the e-resources, please contact the library.
- I am having problems using library's e-resources from home through remote access. What can I do?
Answer: Problems may originate from different things. Check at least these matters:
- Correct link: Do you have a correct link to the e-resource? The right links to e-resources can be found on library's web page. These links will work both on university network and at home. Always use links on this page when you would like to have access to e-resources. Do not google as the link you may find on Google, doesn't let you use the e-resources library has purchased for you.
- Correct user name: Did you type in the correct user name? You will need to use your own Epedu user name and password when having remote access to e-resources. They are the exact same ones as when you log in to the university computer network. You can test your user name and password for example by opening your university email on the internet. If you don't have access to your email either, they are wrong.
- Valid user name: Remote access is only allowed to degree students and staff of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences.
- Usage rights: There are restrictions in using some e-resources. Check on library's web page if you are allowed to use the e-resource through remote access.
- Maximum amount of simultaneous users: In some e-resources, there is a maximum amount of simultaneous users. Check these restrictions on library's web page.
- If none of these instructions help, you can contact the library. Please tell us, which e-resource you would have liked to use, on which web page you were trying to access the resource and what kind of error message you are getting.
- I am trying to open an e-book from Ellibs, but the service asks for user name. Why is this?
Answer: You need to log in to the Ellibs e-book collection by using the library card number and a PIN code. In order to read Ellibs e-books, you must have a library card from Seinäjoki Academic Library and a PIN code attached to it. You can have a PIN code from the library, if you don't have it yet. Also, to read e-books you need to download a free software Adobe Digital Editions to your computer. More information about library's e-books in our e-books guide.
- What are the loan periods for e-books?
Answer: We have purchased e-books from several vendors, so the loan periods of e-books vary.
- You may choose the loan period for an Ellibs e-book yourself: 1 day or 7 days. Some course books have 10 minutes loan period.
- Ebrary e-books don't have a certain loan period, they can be read online. However, if you download an Ebrary e-book to your computer, smart phone, tablet or ebook reader, it is available for 14 days. If you would like to continue to read an e-book, it needs to be downloaded again.
- You can read Ebsco e-books
oline in Ebsco's own reader (no certain loan period). If you download an Ebsco e-book to your computer on mobile device, the loan period is 1-28 days.
- More information about library's e-books and how to use them on mobile devices can be found on library's e-book guide.
- Instructions for how to use e-resources on your mobile devices
- May I renew or make reservations for e-books?
Answer: No. You cannot renew an e-book. If you want to continue to read an e-book, it must first be returned (if it hasn't been returned automatically) and then borrowed over again. You can make reservations for some Ellibs e-books.
- Can I read e-books on my smart phone or tablet?
Answer: Yes, you can use some e-resources on your mobile device. Instructions for mobile e-resources can be found in our e-book guide.
Renewals and my account in SeAMK-Finna database
- How can I renew my loans?
Answer: You can renew loans on the web on library's SeAMK-Finna web service. You will need your library card number (barcode) and your PIN code.
You can also renew your loans by email, telephone or by personal visit to any library unit. Loans can be renewed 50 times at most, if there are no reservations.
- What is my PIN code?
When you log in for the first time to your account in the library web service, the PIN code is 12345. Change the code when you log in the web service for the first time. You need the code to renew loans and to make reservations on the web. If you have forgotten your PIN code, please contact the library and you will get a default PIN code.
- Why can't I renew my loans in SeAMK-Finna web service?
Answer: There are several reasons, e. g.
- someone else has made a reservation on the same book
- your overdue charges have reached the limit, 10 euro
- you have already renewed your loans 50 times
- your library card is no longer valid as it has become a time to check your customer data. You should contact the library so that the validity of your library card will be defined again.
Reservations and loans between library units
- How do I reserve a book?
Answer: You can make a request on SeAMK-Finna web service by yourself. Login using either your SeAMK account or library card (barcode number and PIN code). You can also leave a reservation in any library unit or by email or by telephone. You can make a request both on books which are borrowed (=hold) and books that are on shelf (=request). Remember to choose the library where you want to pick up your reservation from.The reserved book will be kept one week waiting for your pick up.
- Why can't I make a reservation for a book on SeAMK-Finna web service?
Answer: There are several reasons, e. g.
- you have already borrowed the same book
- your overdue charges have reached the limit, 10 euro
- your library card is no longer valid as it has become a time to check
your customer data. You should contact the library so that the validity
of your library card will be defined again.
- How will I know when I can pick up my reservation?
Answer: You will get a notification by email when the reservation is ready and waiting for you in the library chosen by you. You will see the last pick up date on the notification.
- Can I get a book from another library unit? Can I return a book to any library unit?
Answer: Yes you can, free of charge. You can make reservations to books in any library unit on SeAMK-Finna web service.
- Where can I return a book if the library is closed?
Answer: There is a book drop at the front door in every library unit. Return your loans there if the library is closed. NB Loans returned to the book drop will be processed on the next working day.
- Can I make a reservation for an e-book?
Answer: No and yes. You cannot make a
reservation for an e-book on Ebrary, Ebsco and Knovel. But you can request an e-book on Ellibs. If you want to continue to
read an e-book, it must first be returned (if it hasn't been returned
automatically) and then borrowed over again (Ebrary, Ebsco, Knovel).
Other library services
- Can I use computers in the library? Do you have a WLAN?
Answer: Yes you can, free of charge. We also offer WLAN so you can use your own laptops and other device in the library.
- Can I print, make copies and scan in the library?
Answer: Yes you can. Printing and copying cost 0,20€ / page. Scanning does not cost anything.
- Can I use library's e-resources from home?
Answer: Yes, you can. Library's own SeAMK-Finna web service are freely available on the Internet. On SeAMK-Finna, you can search books, journals, theses, ebooks, ejournals, databases and renew loans and make reservations. If you are a degree student or belong to the staff of Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences, you can use library's e-resources through remote access. All e-resouces available for you can be found on library's web pages. Everyone can use these e-resources in library units of Seinäjoki Academic Library.
Didn't find the answer? Ask and give feedback!
- Can I get help for example when I am searching information for my thesis?
Answer: Yes you can. Our information specialists will help you find material for your subject. You will learn how to choose the best information sources and how to intensify the search methods. The service includes one hour free consultation. Inquiries by email or by phone tel. 020 124 5040